Friday, October 10, 2014

Get off the Sidelines

Did you now that since embarking on this endeavor, this playground for sharing ideas and thoughts, that there have been 42 blog posts.  I'm the lucky one who gets to read all of these before anyone else!  I want to specifically thank Ben, Fred, Tim and Sean for their dedication and perseverance in continually producing great material that always gets me thinking and focused again on the spiritual side of my journey through this world...

{Pause and wait for the applause to die down}

 There have been some very personal and vulnerable pieces shared, like this one from Sean, or this searching piece from Ben.  I love the imagery Tim creates in this piece, and we can always count on Fred to stir the pot!

But the post that has garnered the most interest - the one that still gives me chills when I read it - focuses on One Man and His Awakening.


"Keep your mind clear, and be alert. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour."  1 Peter 5:8

Make no mistake about it - there is a battle going on for your soul.  The enemy of Our Savior loves it when we sit around complacent, deep in the slumber of everyday life.

I believe there is a reason that the email Adam wrote haunts me (and by the number of you who read it, it haunts you also) -  it reaches to the bottom of my soul and calls out to me to be alert, to get off the sidelines and into the battle...

Next weekend - October 18-19 -  you have the chance to experience a Christ Renews His Parish retreat.  If you go, like Adam you will find that inner peace - I have no doubt.

The question is, will you stay asleep, or will you have the courage to be awakened...



No comments: