Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Unpack Your Heart

So it’s Lent and I still haven’t gotten to confession.  There are plenty of excuses, but the truth is, I don’t like it.  Sometimes I’d rather stay dirty than deal with the hassle of getting clean.  When I get like this, God usually gives me a push.  He reminds me of how great it feels to have the warm cleansing water of His mercy pour over me.

So he put a song in front of me.  He’s sneaky like that.  This is a secular song, that I’m sure the writer had not intended for this divine purpose, but for whatever reason, as I listened to the lyrics, it felt like a call to the confessional.

So I thought I would make a video to the song.  Hopefully it pulls on your heart like it did mine.  If you haven’t made time this lent to sit with Christ in the sacrament of reconciliation, what are you waiting for?  Go, and unpack your heart……



No comments: