Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Team Sisters

As many of you know, my oldest daughter is on a 9-month mission trip.  I have been sharing with you some of the blogs she has written charting her journey, both physical and spiritual. 

What you probably don't know is that she is on this mission with 7 other young women.  They call themselves Team Sisters.  They are together 24/7, and are making bonds thicker than blood.  When Maggie started this trip back in September I did not know any of them, but through reading their blogs I have come to have a special place in my heart for each one - they are so open and vulnerable in their pursuit of Christ.  It has been humbling to learn so many great spiritual insights from them.  I thank God each day for placing them on this journey with my daughter.    

Today I thought I'd maybe introduce you to them by providing links to each of their blogs and a little teaser blurb to peak your interest.  I hope you take some time to get to know them...

Avery Jones - https://averyjones.theworldrace.org/post/when-do-i-run

" I want to encourage you to come alongside me and ask the Lord what areas of my life do I need to sit still and where do I need to run. I’m asking the Lord what it looks like to sit and embrace the things He is doing around and in me. What does it look like to listen intently to the words He is speaking to me constantly."


Hallie Moffitt - https://halliemoffitt.theworldrace.org/post/when-goodbyes-arent-see-you-laters

"I cried when my good friends walked out of the gate and I knew there was no way I could ever see them again. I cried when I realized that i underestimate the power of God and how he can use me when I don't even realize it."


Mack Mitchell - https://mackmitchell.theworldrace.org/post/who-i-am

'I was struggling with myself because everything I did felt fake. I was a chameleon. I changed my colors/ personality to match who I was hanging out with. I could talk to anyone, and know exactly who to be, and what to say based on what I knew of them. This led to many surface level friendships. By constantly changing my colors, I lost grip of my true colors. I became confused. I was one person around my family, another around my friends, and I was plain and sad when I was alone."


Sarah Cartee - https://sarahcartee.theworldrace.org/post/costa-rica

"My whole time spent in Costa Rica was spent with teens, women & children who epitomize this verse. Through them, I was able to see the goodness the Lord has for us and how much I’m blessed with. So why was I so raging and upset about the bus ride? Why was I so upset with feeling useless at my ministry? Why was I feeling the need to make everything about me and be so quick to complain if things weren’t going my way? I worked with kids who literally have nothing yet live as if they have everything. These kids and the way they lived their lives - especially under their circumstances - really put a lot into perspective."


Taylor Craig - https://taylorcraig.theworldrace.org/post/who-i-am-becoming

"When I came on the race I had so much anger inside me, I lost my temper easily, and lashed out frequently. I had forgotten that other people had feelings, and I hadn’t realized that my words could actually impact them. I only thought about myself and what I wanted in life and never took the time to think about others, or consider what they had to say. Being on the race, living with seven other girls has taught me to think before I speak. I’m learning to find joy in tough situations rather than anger. My teammates have stayed by my side through it all. They’ve been teaching me, and showing me to find peace in my anger. I am no longer an angry person. I am more aware, and I continue to strive for that complete change God will provide me with. God is renewing my mind, and he’s been using scripture to teach me."


Ally Verdenne - https://allyvedrenne.theworldrace.org/post/the-coolest-kids-on-the-block

"Kindness overflows from this kid. Every time I arrive to ministry he runs up and gives me the sweetest hug followed by what I think is gonna be a fist bump but turns into a dab, leaving me hanging. I love laughing with him. Even though we can't understand each other we always manage to have so much fun."


Tierney Means - https://tierneymeans.theworldrace.org/post/anticipation-in-my-soul

"I have been telling the Lord I was giving up many things in order to know Him and to continue to grow closer to Him, but I never stepped up did what I said I would so now He has taken control. After years of not doing what I said I was going to do, the Lord took the things I thought I was good at and is showing me how I wasn’t right or the person to do them at this time. He is growing me to be a better servant of Him and His people. I am being disciplined by Him now and I wont lie it hurts, but I know from what He’s showed me that this is good."

No comments: